Covid-19 Re-entry Plan
In response to the COVID-19, Mt. Pilgrim has developed a Re-entry Task Force team. This team is working closely with the Pastor on a re-entry plan for the safety and well-being of its members. The re-entry date is still TBD, due to the number of increased cases in our community.
- Edward Ambrose
- Anthony Baldwin
- Karen Bonner
- Virginia Dickerson
- H. W. Fails
- Willie Ferguson
- Etherine Glover
- Robert Greyer
- Cleophus Hope
- Osie Huling
- Gloria Lewis
- Brandon Long
- Daniel Mitchell
- Marvin Parkman
- Vernie Scott
Health & Wellness
American Diabetes Month
November is National Diabetes Month, a time when communities across the country team up to bring attention to diabetes. This year’s focus is on taking care of youth who have diabetes.
Diabetes is one of the most common chronic conditions in school-age youth in the United States, affecting about 193,000 youth under 20 years old. Regardless of their age, sometimes youth who have diabetes need support with their diabetes care. That’s why it’s important to help your child or teen develop a plan to manage diabetes, and work with their health care team to adjust the diabetes self-care plan as needed.
Here are some tips to consider for your youth’s diabetes self-care plan.
- Manage blood glucose levels. Make sure your child or teen takes their medicines as prescribed, at the right time, and the right dose—even when they feel good or have reached their blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol goals.
- Encourage healthy habits. Follow a healthy eating plan (especially if your youth is taking insulin), get enough sleep, and aim for regular physical activity. Youth with type 1 diabetes should also check their blood glucose levels before, during, or after physical activity.
- Stay prepared for emergencies. A basic “go-kit” could include
- medical supplies and equipment (at least a week’s worth)
- emergency and health care professional contact lists
- a medication list, including doses and dosing schedules, and an allergy list
Face coverings, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes may also be added to your “go-kit” during a pandemic.
- Monitor for diabetes complications. Early diagnosis and treatment can help reduce risk for heart disease, vision loss, nerve damage, and other related health problems.
- Seek mental health support. Encourage them to connect with other youth who have diabetes. Youth may not be used to talking about feeling anxious or alone about their diabetes. Speak with your health care team for help.
Mt. Pilgrim Baptist Church recognizes…
136th Church Anniversary
Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 11:00 AM ***Virtual service***
Welcome to Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church"The church that Cares and Shares"
View an up-to-date calendar of services and events at Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church. Find out where we are located, as well as information regarding local hotels and accommodations, We would love to have you visit!
Greetings from our Pastor
Welcome to the Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church of Columbus, GA. We are excited you have located us and find interest in the church of Christ as a whole. We have a saying here, “If you are looking for Jesus, you can find Him at Mount Pilgrim”. We pray this site is motivating and resourceful to you. Please take the liberty of perusing through the various information and links available to use at your discretion. We are a church family striving for excellence and unity in the body of Christ.
For over 131 years, we have welcomed people to join us just as they are; just where they are. We truly believe in Hebrews 10:25, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
In closing, we pray our paths will cross and if your quest is to establish or continue a foundation amongst a group of born again baptized believers in Jesus Christ, Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church will be your choice.
What We Believe
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Be Part Of our MinistryLearn more about our Ministry
When and Where
Wanting to learn
4400 Old Cusseta Rd.
Columbus, Georgia 31903
Tel : (706) 687-8134 / 689-1959
Fax : (706) 687-8139