Covid-19 Re-entry Plan
In response to the COVID-19, Mt. Pilgrim has developed a Re-entry Task Force team. This team is working closely with the Pastor on a re-entry plan for the safety and well-being of its members. The re-entry date is still TBD, due to the number of increased cases in our community.
- Edward Ambrose
- Anthony Baldwin
- Karen Bonner
- Virginia Dickerson
- H. W. Fails
- Willie Ferguson
- Etherine Glover
- Robert Greyer
- Cleophus Hope
- Osie Huling
- Gloria Lewis
- Brandon Long
- Daniel Mitchell
- Marvin Parkman
- Vernie Scott
Health & Wellness
September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Tips for a Healthy Prostate
- Keep a healthy weight and exercise regularly.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Tomatoes, watermelons, pink grapefruits, guava and papaya contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant. Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, bok choy and kale also are good choices.
- Let your doctor know if you have a family history of prostate cancer. Having a father or brother with prostate cancer more than doubles a man’s risk of developing this disease.
- Include more soy in your diet from sources such as tofu, soy nuts or soy flour or powders.
- Don’t smoke.
- Eat more selenium-rich foods such as wheat germ, tuna, herring and other seafood and shellfish, beef liver, kidney, eggs, sunflower and sesame seeds, cashews, mushrooms, garlic and onions. Selenium reduces risk of prostate cancer.
- Get a PSA blood test and digital rectal exam annually, beginning at age 50. Men at high risk, such as African American men or men with a strong family history of prostate cancer should begin testing at age 45.
Mt. Pilgrim Baptist Church presents…
“God is Our Refuge”
Virtual Women’s Day Celebration
Sunday, September 20, 2020 at 11:00 AM
Featuring: Rev. Joyce Moore
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
Women are asked to sow a seed of $100 and Men $50 for this occasion.
Welcome to Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church"The church that Cares and Shares"
View an up-to-date calendar of services and events at Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church. Find out where we are located, as well as information regarding local hotels and accommodations, We would love to have you visit!
Greetings from our Pastor
Welcome to the Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church of Columbus, GA. We are excited you have located us and find interest in the church of Christ as a whole. We have a saying here, “If you are looking for Jesus, you can find Him at Mount Pilgrim”. We pray this site is motivating and resourceful to you. Please take the liberty of perusing through the various information and links available to use at your discretion. We are a church family striving for excellence and unity in the body of Christ.
For over 131 years, we have welcomed people to join us just as they are; just where they are. We truly believe in Hebrews 10:25, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
In closing, we pray our paths will cross and if your quest is to establish or continue a foundation amongst a group of born again baptized believers in Jesus Christ, Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church will be your choice.
What We Believe
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Be Part Of our MinistryLearn more about our Ministry
When and Where
Wanting to learn
4400 Old Cusseta Rd.
Columbus, Georgia 31903
Tel : (706) 687-8134 / 689-1959
Fax : (706) 687-8139