Covid-19 Re-entry Plan
In response to the COVID-19, Mt. Pilgrim has developed a Re-entry Task Force team. This team is working closely with the Pastor on a re-entry plan for the safety and well-being of its members. The re-entry date is still TBD, due to the number of increased cases in our community.
- Edward Ambrose
- Anthony Baldwin
- Karen Bonner
- Virginia Dickerson
- H. W. Fails
- Willie Ferguson
- Etherine Glover
- Robert Greyer
- Cleophus Hope
- Osie Huling
- Gloria Lewis
- Brandon Long
- Daniel Mitchell
- Marvin Parkman
- Vernie Scott
Health & Wellness
Breast Cancer Awareness
What Is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast.
Breast Cancer Facts
Breast cancer isn’t limited to a certain date, month, or time. Breast Cancer Awareness Month serves to heighten awareness around the disease, but there are still approximately 720 women diagnosed per day, year-round. That means this year alone, more than 252,000 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in the United States. 1 in 8 Women in the United States will develop breast cancer in her lifetime.
- In 2021, an estimated 281,550 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women in the U.S. as well as 49,290 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- 63% of breast cancer cases are diagnosed at a localized stage (there is no sign that the cancer has spread outside of the breast), for which the 5-year survival rate is 99%.
- This year, an estimated 43,600 women will die from breast cancer in the U.S.
- Although rare, men get breast cancer too. In 2021, an estimated 2,650 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year in the U.S. and approximately 530 will die.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women, except for skin cancers. It is estimated that in 2021, approximately 30% of all new women cancer diagnoses will be breast cancer.
- There are over 3.8 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States.
Mt. Pilgrim Baptist Church recognizes…
ALL MINISTRY DAY!
October 24, 2021
Welcome to Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church"The church that Cares and Shares"
View an up-to-date calendar of services and events at Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church. Find out where we are located, as well as information regarding local hotels and accommodations, We would love to have you visit!
Greetings from our Pastor
Welcome to the Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church of Columbus, GA. We are excited you have located us and find interest in the church of Christ as a whole. We have a saying here, “If you are looking for Jesus, you can find Him at Mount Pilgrim”. We pray this site is motivating and resourceful to you. Please take the liberty of perusing through the various information and links available to use at your discretion. We are a church family striving for excellence and unity in the body of Christ.
For over 131 years, we have welcomed people to join us just as they are; just where they are. We truly believe in Hebrews 10:25, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
In closing, we pray our paths will cross and if your quest is to establish or continue a foundation amongst a group of born again baptized believers in Jesus Christ, Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church will be your choice.
What We Believe
Be Part Of our MinistryLearn more about our Ministry
When and Where
Wanting to learn
4400 Old Cusseta Rd.
Columbus, Georgia 31903
Tel : (706) 687-8134 / 689-1959
Fax : (706) 687-8139